Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer is here!

The last two days have been in the 90s! I am not a big fan of summer and I am almost 100% sure it is because of my weight. The heat and I do not get along, especially at night. Luckily the bf and I bought an a/c for our room before this heat wave started and I sleep like a baby!

I have a confession, pretty much all year round I wear a jacket not a heavy one just a light jacket. This jacket is like a security blanket....it hides me...so I think! During the summer I look like a freak wearing this thing! haha my excuse is that in the office the a/c is on all day and the place can get a Lil chilly. Once I am outside I am OK with taking it off. I am a big fan of dresses and flip flops during the summer, obviously I like anything that is non form fitting.

Do you have a security blanket? Anything you always wear?

As for my weight loss I have been a tad discouraged.... I have been going to the gym in the mornings and I do eat well, for the most part. I just know that I can do better! MUCH better! I tried to do a weight loss challenge at work BUT it just wasn't working...I was so hurt by all the negativity that surrounded the challenge. I am at such a good place in my life, engaged and all, and I couldn't handle the stuff people were saying! I am really really sensitive! Like REALLY! A lot of people say who cares, don't worry about them BUT its just the way I am if I don't have 100% approval & I am discouraged I forget about it. I know its awful, and this wedding planning is really helping me with that because I am learning A LOT of people don't agree with my planning and since it is MY wedding and I will do what I want I am learning to shrug it off =D now if that attitude would just spread to other things that would be fab!!

Hope everyone is doing well! If you still read Say HI! and leave your link! I am all for showing love =D

and if you miss me, you can find my "regular" blogging over Casa De Nicole

5 comments:

Amy said...

During my denial in the winter I lived in tights... not because they're flattering for overweight people, but because they allowed me not to wear my jeans and feel just how tight they were getting. I also wear long tank tops under EVERYTHING I wear for several reasons
1. because the layering and longer shirt elongates my torso, and
2. because it soaks up an extra layer of sweat in case it were to show through.
I have the same tank top in about 10 colours, and just rotate.

I am in the same position as you, I've been doing well, but I could do SO MUCH better... which sucks, because I would really like to lose the weight faster.

but as long as you're living healthier... right? haha!

You've got the ultimate motivation now! A wedding!

Unknown said...

I have a nylon type top that I wear under almost all my clothes because it kinda hides my tummy, and of course whenever I wear a dress I have my go-to shaper. These are Essentials for me!

I'm right there with ya. It's so hard to stay consistent, but as long as you are doing SOMETHING you will get to where you want to be eventually. Keep up the good work girl!

Becca Christensen said...

I'm so sorry your office challenge isn't going well...I know how excited you were about it.

Don't cover up girl, you're working hard and you should show off your progress. You're beautiful inside and out. Embrace it love.

londonhead said...

I'm definitely fat, but working on fit, well something like that anyway ;)

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com

 

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2010